- Carlow County Council is making an addendum to the guidelines for The Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism and Hospitality Business. In recognition of the global demand for outdoor seating and accessories in some instances suppliers are unable to complete orders until January 2022. In these ‘exceptional circumstances’ applicants can still apply under the scheme and will receive their grants once goods are delivered and they can provide proof of delivery and items in-situ. Applicants need to apply for the scheme prior to the closing date (8th October 2021) enclosing the quotes for goods and delivery dates from the suppliers and will still need to be compliant with all regulatory and planning requirements. Please note the closing date has been extended to the 8th October 2021.
The focus of this scheme is to provide a level of financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses, in our town centres, to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and, therefore, increase their outdoor d capacity for the summer of 2021. This scheme will financially assist and support independent tourism and hospitality business owners to create outdoor dining experiences in a regulated and accessible manner. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business Scheme will be administered through Local Authorities and each local Authority has the right to use their discretion in regard to their process and the development of appropriate terms and conditions that are appropriate for their respective streetscapes, businesses etc. All applicants will be required to comply with planning codes, legislative requirements and other compliance requirements.
What Items are considered eligible for the scheme.
- Electric heaters
- Plant stands
- Wooden Platform
The tables and chairs or other furniture shall be of robust and stable construction to prevent movement in adverse weather conditions and be agreed with Carlow County Council.
Screens/windbreakers must be agreed with Carlow County Council and will be subject to the following conditions;
- Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
- Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
- Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
- All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
- Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
- No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Carlow County Council.
Amount of Grant Available
The scheme will provide for up to 75% of the ex-VAT cost of equipment purchased/installed with a maximum allowable contribution of up to €4,000 per applicant.
Expenditure must be incurred between 1st April 2020 and 30th September 2021
Privacy & Data Protection
or hardcopy from our offices at Carlow County Council, Athy Road , Carlow. If you require further information regarding our Privacy Statement, you can contact us at email@example.com or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Carlow County Council, Athy Road , Carlow
The scheme will be open from the 12/4/2021 for applications. Applicants will apply through their relevant Local Authority. The scheme will close on the 30/9/2021.
Freedom of Information
Applicants should be aware that, under the Freedom of Information Act 2014, information provided by them in this Application may be liable to be disclosed. Applicants are asked to consider if any of the information provided by them in their Application should not be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants consider that certain information is not to be disclosed because of its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity, Applicants must, when providing such information, clearly identify such information and specify the reasons for its confidentiality or commercial sensitivity. If Applicants do not identify information as confidential or commercial sensitive, it is liable to be released in response to a Freedom of Information request without further notice or consultation with the Applicant. Carlow County Council will, where possible, consult with the Applicant about confidential or commercial sensitive information so identified before making a decision on a request received under Freedom of Information.
Any queries in respect of the scheme please contact Pierce on 059/9129783 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org