Carlow County Council Festival & Event Fund aims to assist with the creation of community based tourism events for County Carlow. The Fund is a combination of Carlow County Councils own events, events in partnership with other bodies that have similar objectives, and events run by external organisers who receive direct funding contributions from Carlow County Council via an application process for the Festival & Events Fund. The current call is for open to Festivals & Events which occur from May 2022-October 2022. The initial fund available is €60,000
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
The scheme is open to groups or organisations that are organising Events and Festivals in 2022.
To be eligible for funding the event must:
• Have a general audience appeal and be socially inclusive.
• Clearly demonstrate potential to generate economic, social and/or cultural benefits.
• Is focused on developing demonstrable, measurable tourism impacts in the County.
• Complement the County’s calendar of events in relation to attracting overseas’ visitors.
• Meet the Events Unit’s objective of compiling a varied programme of events throughout the year including content, seasonal and geographical spread.
• Animate public spaces in creative and innovative ways within the County.
• Demonstrate financial sustainability and the capacity to develop the event.
• Have a clear PR and marketing plan including a social media strategy to actively promote the event.
Applicants must also be in a position to confirm the following where applicable:
• A bank account in its own name and is in a position to supply evidence of adequate insurance cover for all aspects of their activities.
• Be fully compliant with financial regulations including an up to date Tax Clearance Certificate.
• Be fully aware of event management requirements and all relevant legislation.
• Be in a position to provide a Child Safeguarding Statement in line with the Children First Act 2015
• Be fully compliant with GDPR and its requirements.
• Submit details of any applications made, intend to be made or awards of funding given by other departments within the Council or any other body
• Supply a projected budget sheet
• Provide post event P&L accounts
• All applications should include a Covid compliance plan in adherence with current government guidelines. Only one application per event will be considered.
Statutory agencies ARE NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.